Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Exfoliation

Started by MATT S ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Exfoliation

6 posts
  1. Hey guys,

     

    I am experimenting with different shutter speeds in the surf to try and create some sense of movement to my shots.

    post-24789-0-53597300-1356653015_thumb.jpg

  2. I like it; what shutter speed here?

  3. Hey Loftus,

     

    The shutter speed on this particular image was 1/80th. I guess its not that slow but the water moves so fast that it still shows movement while keeping some definition.

  4. Hey Matt,

     

    What lenses are you using for you surf shots?

     

    Erol

  5. Hey Erol,

     

    Sorry about the slow reply. I am using a Tokina 10-17 at the moment in a Nauticam dive housing.

  6. Cool, so you aren t even using a surf housing. I am just going to get stuck in in Cape Town, with a used Del Mar housing.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.