Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Coral Crab

Started by BrianM ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Coral Crab

3 posts
  1. I noticed a few of these coral crabs in Manado, Indonesia and thought that the colours and patterns would make it easy to identify the species. Here's a couple of examples. Please let me know if you can help indentify the species.

     

    8318905903_d20b570248_b.jpg

     

    8318858655_6d21c622e9_b.jpg

  2. Nice photos Brian, I hadn't noticed how lovely their legs are before. I think it's the Red-Fingered Coral Crab - Tetralia rubridactyla

  3. Thanks Kaj. I thought the patterns on the legs looked different to Tetralia rubridactyla that I've seen elsewhere

    Maybe the Manado variety just have fancy leg patterns.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.