Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 60mm 1.4 Teleconverter which Ikelite Modular Port?

Started by Crayfish ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 60mm 1.4 Teleconverter which Ikelite Modular Port?

5 posts
  1. Hi I am wanting to use my Nikon 60mm lens with the Kenko 1.4 Teleconverter. I have a Ikelite Housing and Modular port system currently the 5510.22 and flat port. I am just wondering which Port to get for use with the teleconverter, do I get the 5510-28 or will an extension do like the 5510-58 on the 5510-22? I will one day be getting a 105mm lens.

     

    Is any one else using this set up in the modular port system and what are they using?

     

    Cheers

     

    Alex

  2. The converter adds about 0,77 inch height (quick google), so an extension ring that gets that should be enough. A bit longer is probably not an issue for the resulting combination if that helps for the 100mm later. Does the 60mm change in length or is it internal focus ?

  3. I don't use the modular system but the dedicated port for the 105mm lens is perfect for the 60mm with a 1.4x teleconverter

    , so I presume the modular port for the 105mm would also be perfect.

    Edited by john70490
  4. Hi Thanks for that I will get the tape out and do some measuring, Yes the 60mm does change length when focusing.

  5. Some people use the same extension ring that they use for the 105 macro. I have an Aquatica housing, not the Ikelite. The extension ring for the Tokina 10-17FE works perfect for the Nikon 60mm macro plus 1.4 tele. If you have that extension ring, give it a try.

    Kirk

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.