Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Anilao Philippines blenny

Started by Glasseye Snapper ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Anilao Philippines blenny

4 posts
  1. My best guess for this blenny is that it is a starry blenny, Salarias ramosus, but in most books and web images it has abundant white speckles. Is this a starry blenny and is it normal for it to have almost no white speckles?

     

    Any thoughts appreciated.

     

    Bart

     

    post-5225-0-18329800-1356838143_thumb.jpg

  2. Thanks Jim, mine is even a bit more extreme but based on the fishbase images I now see that the number of white spots is highly variable. I should have looked at that before because I really like the fishbase images exactly because they help to highlight the variable and shared features of each species. On that note: I also want to thank you for the many great images from you on fishbase in general. I use them a lot!

     

    Bart

  3. Starry blenny. They are adorable...for a fish.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.