Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Advice needed for Olympus EPL3 - which underwater wide angle lens?

Started by 3PW ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice needed for Olympus EPL3 - which underwater wide angle lens?

6 posts
  1. After much research on the Olympus PT-EP05L housing options for wide angle photography seem to be

     

    1. Inon wet lens and dome port

    2. Olympus m67 wet lens

    3. Zen port with 9 - 18mm olympus lens

     

    Which is the best option (ease of use for amateur photographer)

     

    Also does anyone know if a zen port can be attached for 8mm fisheye?

     

    Many thanks

  2. you don't need to use a zen port with the 9-18mm lens, I use a 9-18 in the standard port. Depends what your shooting but the zen port will widen the angle more than the standard port but you have to be very close to the subject. I would say get the 9-18 then you can always add the dome port at a later date if you need to.

  3. Thank you

  4. Hi,

    How do you fit the 9-18mm lens in the Olympus PT-EP05L housing? I can't close the housing with the lens unlocked. Is there a trick or modification needed?

    Thanks in advance.

  5. I have the Oly 9-18 and Zen-Pen on my PT-EP03 housing and find it to be an excellent combination. I have done from close-up to CFWA with it, though I prefer the later.

    Flat ports are not could for distance or wide angle in most cases one would need an adaptor but there is still a flat lens in the light path~

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.