Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Mounting GoPro3 to Aquatica Housing

Started by shark8matt ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Mounting GoPro3 to Aquatica Housing

7 posts
  1. I just got a GoPro Hero3 Black as a holiday gift and I am looking to mount it on my Aquatica A7D housing. Ideally, I would like to mount a ball right on the top of the housing and connect the camera via a small arm or such. My main question is - I know there is a threaded hole on the top of the housing but what size ball adapter fits this hole? Is it an 1/4 - 20? Maybe jean or someone can help me out. If anyone has a Go pro mounted to their housing and has any pics of the set-up I would appreciate if tyou posted it to give me some ideas of the ways I could attach it. I want it somewhere just above my dome port so I have a similar line of sight.

     

    Thanks!

     

    - MDP

  2. yes it is 1/4-20 and you can fit either a 1" ball from TLC (#17651) or others manufacturer in there, then with a clamp and possibly another 1" ball with 1/4"-20, you can attach the Go Pro to its tripod shoe.

  3. Thanks for the info Jean...

     

    - MDP

  4. Hey Jean and fellow divers,

    I own a Aquatica housing for Canon 5D Mark II and I'm buying a Gopro Hero 3+.

    My current setup, a ball adaptor is attached to the top of the house, and a triple clamp. I will use one leg for focus light and I plan to have another leg for Gopro.

    What adaptor should I buy for attaching Gopro's shoe to the clamp? And where to buy?

    It would be fantastic if a web link is provided.

    Thanks,


    AJ

  5. Hrrm, would it not be better to get a ball adapter that fits straight into the gopro, rather then get the tripod base of the gopro?

     

    I got this one from ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAM-GoPro-Hero-Camera-Adapter-w-1-Ball-/160909864010 for $11 ,and then just hook that up to any normal 1" ball. Its plastic, but works great and with just enough movement on the ball for easy adjustments (unless you lock it down by tighting it up all the way).

     

    /Björn

  6. That would work as well, did not know they had those available. (the Aquatica part I know pretty good, the Go pro department a little (lot) less)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.