Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Canon 5D + 17-40mm

Started by Marco P ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Canon 5D + 17-40mm

4 posts
  1. Hi!

     

    I have just bought a Canon 17-40mm lens for my Canon 5D and I would like to use it under the surface. I have the 8" dome from Aquatica and I need some help if I have to get a diopter or not when using the 18457 extension ring?

  2. Marco, the diopter is not obligatory, but it will improve close focusing performance, you can use either a +2 or +3 (harder to find)

  3. Ok, thank you for your answer Jean. I will try without it first and see if I´m happy with the result.

  4. Marco

    I used one with a 5D and the Aquatica 8" - I still do with a 5D mk2 - it definitely helps the corners to use a +2. Never tried a +3. Try to keep your aperture at f8 or tighter for the same reason.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.