Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Pro-One Optical Glass Dome Port

Started by LJM ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Pro-One Optical Glass Dome Port

9 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    Does anyone have any experience with the Pro-One 180mm Optical Glass Dome Port?

     

    http://www.pro-one1.com/sub2_1_e.html

     

    It looks similar to other ports, but I can find very little about it online.

     

    Thanks

     

    Lawrence

  2. I use a Sea & Sea optical glass port on a housing of another make via an adapter ring.

  3. Yeah, I've seen that review and whilst the reviewer is straight up about his involvement with the development of the port, I would like to garner further opinion on the port. If it's good, then great, I can get one at a good price. Otherwise I'll stick to an acrylic dome.

  4. What lenses do you want to use with it?

  5. I bought one, but had to return it as there wasn't enough dome to place the Sigma 8-16 correctly without vignetting by the mount. The manufacturer would not provide the radius of the dome glass so I could calculate this before buying it. I bought a Nauticam 9" glass dome instead, which is what I should have done in the first place.

  6. Thanks for your comments. I intend using it with a Sigma 15mm fisheye.

  7. Disclosure: we manufacture a competing product.

     

    I have one, and think it is a nice dome. Good glass, good coatings.

     

    In my opinion the 180mm size works well for Sigma 15mm on full frame, but does not work well with super wide rectilinear lenses on FF or DX.

  8. Thanks for your comments; those of Great White particularly useful! Open and honest, thanks.

     

    As mentioned, the port will be used with the Sigma 15mm fisheye, this mounted on a full-frame camera. So, from these comments I'm happy. But once I'm set up and get some shots, I'll report back.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.