Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Need advice on workflow pls

Started by DeepDiscovery ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Need advice on workflow pls

2 posts
  1. Need advice on workflow pls

    I am trying to get my arms around an efficient, top quality producing workflow. Currently, I convert from raw with BB, then post process in PS.

    I either print from PS or go back to BB to generate HTML pages for the web.

     

    First Question. Ref. raw conversion...what produces a better image IYO? I currently own and convert in BB. If I were going to invest in an upgrade would you recommend CS or C1LE? Why?

     

    Second question. What general work flow steps (not concerned with cropping, cloning, healing etc. as those are obvious) do you use in any of these programs to get the best results? For example I have read about someone's workflow for land based photography that says they convert, adjust levels or curves, add a plus one hue adjustment, a plus two saturation adjustment, sharpen, resize as needed, re-sharpen then convert to TIF, JPG etc. depending on intended output. What general workflow have you found to work well for underwater photography?

     

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Just a quick thought on conversion, as i don't have time right now to get into workflow (plus mine's pretty loose)...

     

    I have BreezeBrowser, which I used happily for a long time. It does a decent job of handling the conversion process, but can be very tedious at times. About a year ago I bought Capture 1 LE, and have not looked back since. I feel that the output is superior (in an intangible way) to BB, plus the process of "developing" RAW files is much more streamlined, partly due to the ability of C1 to process files in the background. I do 90% of my color correction and curves / levels in C1 prior to processing. It seems to me that it's better to apply curves and other adjustments prior to conversion so that you're working with the full data set.

     

    I haven't used Phtooshop CS, but also don't feel compelled to even try it at this point. I don't do a lot in Photoshop since I've switched to C1, with the exception of prepping files for print with color profiles and sharpening.

     

    Just my $0.02 which is largely based on subjective impressions of the tools...

    Tom

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.