I am going to be upgrading before my next trip to Anilao with Scott's group this comng April. For the last 2 years I have been using a Nauticam housing for my LX5. I am primariy interested in macro work. I'm considering equiping my 7d. I also have the 100mm (older non IS) and the 10-22mm. i would prefer to use what I have but know the costs of the ports and domes can easily exceed the cost of the lenses. I don't want to be making any major purchases for some time after this upgrade. It appears that the 100mm IS might be a little better then the non IS version, but from what i have read here there isn't a consenses if the new L is that much better than what i already have, so I may just stick with it. What about the 10-22? The Tokina 10-17mm seems to be the more popular wide angle. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of the ports or dome for the 10-22 can be used with the Tokina. Do you consider the 10-22 wide enough for general wide angle work?
My other option is to get Olympus OM D and sell off my 7d. This option would initially be more expensive because I would have to purchase the camera and lenses in additon to everything else. I could pay for it by selling the 7d along with my 17-55, 70-200, 100-400, two sigma's 30 and 50mm and the two i mentoned above. As you can see over the years I have collected some nice glass and am apprehensive about switching systems. Does this sound like a crazy thing to do?