Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Suggestions for red lens filters for my GoPro Hero 3 Silver

Started by FGCUMarineSci0715 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Suggestions for red lens filters for my GoPro Hero 3 Silver

2 posts
  1. Hello everyone my name is Chris. I've been diving since 2006 and just bought my first dedicated underwater camera. I'm starting with a GoPro Hero 3 Silver edition. I'm doing my Master's thesis on trophic transfer of Mercury in reef communities which makes me a regular diver down in Long Key, FL. I'm curious about red filters and would appreciate any feedback you guys might have. Currently I'm looking at three very different lenses. The base price one is by PolarPro (http://www.polarprofilters.com/shop/goprohero3redfilter/), the mid grade by Backscatter (http://www.backscatter.com/sku/bs-gp-h3-flip.lasso), and the premium priced option by Snake River Prototyping (http://snakeriverprototyping.com/shopblurfix3so.html). Right now I'm leaning toward the Backscatter brand's model mainly due to the reasonable price, the ability to easily rotate the filter away, and some of the comparison videos I've seen. If you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Chris

  2. Hi,

    I dived with the flip filter from BS this summer in green water. It is a great product

    and very convenient for shooting with and without the filter depending on the depth.

    Color correcting really was efficient even if the filter mismatched the water type.

    edit: I have the Hero2 with the official dive housing.

     

    I just ordered filters from PolarPro, magenta and red. I will try to update asap.

     

    Cheers

    Edited by FanchGadjo

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.