Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Eric gets a double-page shot in the latest Rodale's rag . .

Started by MikeO ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Eric gets a double-page shot in the latest Rodale's rag . .

16 posts
  1. Eric gets a double-page shot in the latest Rodale's rag . .

    Didn't see this posted anywhere yet so forgive me if it's been posted already. Just wanted to congratulate Eric on his shots in the latest Scuba Diving magazine. A really nice dolphin shot is the "centerfold" . . .

     

    Mike

  2. Congrats Eric. I think this was posted by Stephen somewhere but deserves mention again.

     

    I stopped subscribing to Rodales so I'll have to peak in at the local Chapters store.

  3. Thanks, guys! I was very pleased to see it in print. :lol:

  4. Can someone post a scan?

  5. The Great White shot in the same issue is also very nice. When you take the title of the article (something about the great photographers of the world searching for subjects) in combination with the other photographers included and the fact that Eric got 2 shots in there, definitely worthy of another "congratulations".

     

    Good job Eric.

  6. More like "OUTSTANDING! really great. Eric, you've hit the bit time. Looking forward to more.

     

    Rand

  7. Outstanding! I'm very impressed by that spread.

     

    What resolution did you submit? and if so, how was it interpolated?

  8. Congrats! Great job.

  9. GOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo ERIC

    More like "OUTSTANDING! really great. Eric, you've hit the bit time. Looking forward to more.

     

    Rand

     

    bit time ..... lol ... what a great typo ..... kick ass Eric .... ok my year out of the pro area is really making me drag .. I NEED TO TAKE PHOTOS !!!!!

     

    Alex get your butt back to cayman and bring me a camera ... my stuff is messed up !!!

  10. I really want to see it. Can someone please(!!!!) post a scan?

     

    Simon

  11. For some reason I still didn't got my copy, so now I know there is for hat to wait.

    Meanwhile, someone can pleas scan it and post here?

  12. I wish I had a scanner with me here in New York.

     

    Here's the digital form.

     

    A huge caveat, before you click: the web version looks fake. I was using automated processing on that trip (my first trip to the Bahamas -- and first time in the water with dolphins!), and probably just auto-leveled the web version of the image on the boat, during my normal 10-seconds-per-image processing cycle.

     

    The version I have been printing, and the version that was submitted to Rodales was a more natural version of the image -- much closer to the original.

     

    Ryan: It was D60-shot, but I can't remember the submission resolution. I think I upped it to a 2-page spread at around 300dpi, which is close to 6MP, anyway. I use stair-interpolation when necessary. Unsharp mask, interpolate, unsharp mask again.

     

    Either that, or I submitted the image in Seapix.com's standard: upped to 7200x4800, and then saved with Pro-JPG at 85% or so.

  13. Eric can thank me for the dolphins awesome expression.. I was behind him making faces. :shock: LOL

     

    I know that shot well.

  14. Hmmm -- I thought Todd was behind the dolphins, in perfect position to get a fish-butt shot! hehehe.

  15. Oh yes, you are correct I was chasing them your way. Hmmm I smell assistant stipend...LOL

     

    Great shot none the less.

  16. Just got my copy, congrats Eric!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.