Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

iPad apps for processing?

Started by WetPup ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

iPad apps for processing?

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I've recently started travelling with just my iPad rather than my laptop in order to keep weight down. It's been good for a backup device for my G12 using the camera connection kit, but I'm wondering if there's any decent apps out there for basic processing of raw files? I have the entire Adobe suite at work, so am always able to process things when I get home, but it'd be nice to be able to do some simple editing while I'm on a liveaboard or lounging around a resort as well. I've come across something called piRAWna, but it has very mixed reviews. Anybody here a user and have any suggestions?

     

    Many thanks :)

  2. Take a look at these two apps. Many of my workmates who use iPads heavily use PhotoGene Pro. It will work with RAW files, has most of the editing options you will likely need, allows for editing of metadata, and can then move the photo via ftp if needed. The other popular app for this purpose is Snapseed. I hope this helps.

     

    Randall

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.