Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Oliver Spear - Homo Aquaticus

Started by SimonSpear ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Oliver Spear - Homo Aquaticus

3 posts
  1. I finally got around to editing this:

     

    Oliver Spear - 7 months old - Learning to Swim.

     

    [youtubehd]Q_kqplOxytU[/youtubehd]

     

     

    All filmed on a 7D @ 720p50 and then conformed to 25p. I used Twixtor for the ultra slowmo and from memory I used 1/400 shutter speed to keep the images nice and clean so limiting the motion blur. Twixtor is pretty good, but it does have its limitations and it really, really hates any object moving too fast.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  2. Cute kid, Simon.

     

    While Twixtor will not replace a high speed camera, I've found it works well if you shoot for it. How did you apply it? The plug in in AE or some NLE, and did you conform to 25p after Twixtor or before? There are plenty of blogs saying the AE plug in works the best. I usually choose a shutter speed that's a multiple of the fps you want the effect. So it does take a bit of preplanning. Anyhow, enjoy fatherhood! :)

  3. Yeah he is a bit bigger now Drew and a bit more of a handful. His current party trick is to run around making Dinosaur noises. Boys! smile.png

     

    I used the FCP plugin and I'd conformed to 25p before I used Twixtor. To be honest I'd never even thought about trying it the other way around, but I'll give it a go. I've got AE CS6 now so I could give that a try now too.

     

    Cheers, Simon

    Edited by SimonSpear
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.