Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Triggering lights with Eos 5DmkII and Ikelite housing

Started by Grg ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Triggering lights with Eos 5DmkII and Ikelite housing

1 posts
  1. Hello people,

     

    This is my second thread on this forum in six month. The first was to ask for help for my choice of underwater housing for my canon 5DmkII. You helped me to chose the Ikelite model. I use it in artificial waters (swimming pools) for portraits. My avatar is an ilustration of it made by my girflriend with a nikon coolpix AW100. my gallery can ben found here :

     

    https://plus.google.com/photos/107511759174870952997/albums/5703530631076161553

     

    I work "well" with sun and natural lights in my pools, and that's really fun, but I would like to go up and control my own lights.

     

    I have two choices : continuous lights and triggered lights.

     

    About continuous lights, I have spots underwater (minimum control, white balance not easy) and spots out of water. That's the easy way.

     

    About triggered lights : I have nothing. Not underwater, not out of water. That's the hard way.

     

     

     

    My question :

     

    What can I use for triggering the slaves flashes ?

     

    I see two ways :

     

    1 : remote triggering by wireless or cable signal.

    2 : slave/master triggering with a main flash accorded to the ikelite housing.

     

    Point 2 is quite "easy" I suppose : All I have to buy is ikelite flashes with arms and use them as trigger.

     

    But I would like to consider point 1.

     

    The question, more specialy, is : is there a remote device or a cable device or something that I can adapt to the ikelite and has someone made it before me and could help me with those tricks ?

     

    I thank you in advance for your help and hope it is the right forum. I hesitate to post in the technical forum but I thought it was quite a newbie question...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.