SInce I have gone from lighting to lenses, I thought I would bring this query over to this forum:
Two weeks until we leave for our Socorro-Hawaii trip. I read everyone's posts over the last few years on Blackwater diving set ups (twice). Great info. I am very happy to have this library of info to study beforehand.
I am on the fence between using my 60 or my 10-17 with a 1.4x TC. Query for you on the Tokina-TC set up:
If I get a 1.4TC and use it with my shaved 10-17, can I use my 230mm dome? Normally I use the 10-17 with this dome, but I am wondering if the optical maths don't work if I add the TC. I have a 35mm extension ring so I can put the outer glass on the 10-17 in the same place after adding the TC as before. Trying to avoid buying a minidome since I don't have that many opportunities to use it.
Thanks for your thoughts.