Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Short Video from Oman

Started by Nick T ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Short Video from Oman

3 posts
  1. Starring a super-smily Ringed chromodoris, mating Black-saddled tobies, a lone Lionfish and our favourite Flathead crocodilefish. Feedback welcome!

     

    [vimeohd]55886456[/vimeohd]

  2. Nice work. I was out in Oman- Musandam, Muscat area and Hallaniyats in October shooting a documentary film for the government- we had some great dives.

    By way of critique, one thing I would say was that on my monitor at least, it looked a bit on the contrasty side for some shots- with some blown highlights, maybe it's something that could be corrected. Exposure in the shallows is often tricky, with the pulses of bright light, especially when you have small areas of white in the image- like the chromodoris or the lionfish stripes.

    You got some nice, steady shots though.

  3. Yeah, I see exactly what you mean - thanks a lot for the comments! I'm working down in Salalah, and yes, the diving here is great. A lot of animals here seem to be quite a bit larger than anywhere else I've seen them... Any plans to come back this way?

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.