Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Housing Reviews wanted

Started by seafan ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing Reviews wanted

9 posts
  1. I am looking at housings by Patima and Isotta right now (while waiting to find out if nauticam will be making one for my camera) and would like feedback from anyone that has used either of these.

     

    thanks

  2. Howdy,

    Which camera are we talking about?

     

    Steve

  3. It's for a Canon G15.

     

    I know it's not a DSLR but figured I might get feedback from people with DSLR's that have used either of these housings. :-)

  4. Sorry I can't help you with the Patima / Isotta feedback. The Italian one sure looks cool though. I'd be thinking about how we'd get support for those housings. I can't find anyone close to us that's listing them. I did notice that our friends at Bluewater in LA are showing a placeholder for the Nauticam G15 on their site. Scott may know something about the near term release.

     

    It will be interesting to see how the manufacturers support the stacked dials on the G15. Ergonomics is always a big deal on the smaller housings. My advise is to hang in there for a little while until you can hold a Nauticam and a Recsea or others in your hands.

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  5. I'll have to check with Scott, they were supposed to give me a call if they heard anything. My preference is for nauticam simply because they do have US exposure.

     

    If you go on Patima's facebook page, they have a photo of the manual for it which shows a picture of the front of the housing... controls look very easy to access.

     

    Recsea sent me several photos and the manual back in early december... even before it was shipped to the stores here. Nice housing but they're the highest priced one out there and the only one that doesn't come with a glass lens in the port... not quite sure why they did that.

     

    I actually bought the oem housing from canon as I have a trip in march so am not in a rush and want to check out my options before clunking down that much $$.

    Edited by seafan
  6. Yes, a Nauticam housing is in the pipeline.

  7. Great! Have you seen pics yet? Do you know if it will have a round port or square one?

  8. Ikelite's G15 housing is available now.

  9. Ikelite's G15 housing is available now.

     

    I know, it's been out for some time now but I'm only interested in aluminum housings.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.