Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Chinese using Manta gills for water filteration

Started by DamonA ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Chinese using Manta gills for water filteration

1 posts
  1. I got told by an insider, some chinese are using manta gills to filter the dirty drinking water- hence the reason they are "going after mantas" like it's a gold rush, also because manta eat lots of fish food and stop fish species from have the feed they need to be able to harvest more fish to eat.

     

    What do you think of this, is it real or BS????

     

    This really has rattled my cage, I am freeking out about it to be honest.

     

    Please help me get to the bottom of this "rumour".

     

     

    This is all I could find about the use of the gill rakers- http://www.examiner.com.au/story/409806/demand-for-tonic-endangers-giant-rays/

    Got the Snake oil merchants taking advantage of the uneducated chinese people.

     

     

    Happy new Aeon to my diver friends,

    Damon ps- I am not a Sinophobic person, I have many chinese friends- I can play Mahjong wink.png

    Edited by DamonA
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.