Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Comparison Sony RX100 vs Panasonic LX7 low light stress

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Comparison Sony RX100 vs Panasonic LX7 low light stress

5 posts
  1. After an experimental trip shooting video with the RX100 that was quite good I got myself a Panasonic LX7

    Whilst I have no doubt that for stills the RX100 is the camera of choice for video am not quite sure

    Anyway this is a little comparison of the two cameras side by side in video mode

     

    http://youtu.be/Z2frl-OmWzU

     

    No fish just my fireplace but gives a good idea I think of what to expect under water

     

    I am going to put some thoughts on my blog later on when it goes on line this will be the link

     

    Something went wrong with wordpress this is the link

     

    http://interceptor121.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/underwater-video-tips-panasonic-lx7-settings-and-features-2/

    Edited by Interceptor121
  2. I would think the Inon UWL H100 28M67 type 2 will work with your the LX7 with the nauticam housing. It works just fine with the LX5. Call reef photo they may know.

    Ken

  3. Yes I think that one might be the only lens that works OK. The LX7 has a different shape sensor than the LX5 with the same field of view in any shooting mode

    Another fellow diver has the lens and the same housing but has not tested it in water yet

  4. Nice job! Glad you like the LX-7. Its bright lens really useful even on cloudy day. I do notice if you shoot photo in i.A mode, it take a while for the white balance to correct itself. I'm just starting to play with this camera in depth. The Manual focus nob is quite tricky to use. Will get my housing next month as I'm still clearing my holiday bills!

  5. Interesting camera as the image looks brighter than how it looks with your naked eye. I would believe my eyes are f/1.8 hahaha

     

    The good news is some controls are actually easier with the camera in the housing that on its own, really weird

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.