Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Advice on housing for Canon 2ti

Started by unemployed.com ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice on housing for Canon 2ti

6 posts
  1. I'm looking for a housing for the Canon 2Ti, have looked at aquatica and sea and sea housings but there isn't much info on the controls. Does anyone have experience with these or other housings? I would consider an ikelite houing but not too impressed with the one I have now. I am mainly interested in how the shutter and aperture are controlled through the housing as it takes a combination of buttons to change them when using the camera normally.

  2. On the Aquatica T2i housing, the shutter is a lever forward of the housing, it is mounted like an upside down trigger on a gun. Pulling it back fires the camera. The shutter speed is controlled as well using the main dial control on the housing, it's located just behind the shutter release lever and you don't have to move your right hand from the handle. The aperture is adjusted using the same dial, you simply have to move the a rear lever to allow control. There is also a control for changing ISO and for turning off the pop up flash.

     

    This is of course on top of the zoom control, lens release, port lock etc available on the housing.

     

    Cheers

     

    Stewart

  3. I use the Nauticam housing for my T2i. For me the shutter speed/aperture settings are easier to use in the housing because there is a simple lever that moves between shutter speed and aperture and then the wheel adjusts whichever one you left the lever on. It is easy to do with one hand. Shooting macro I mostly leave the shutter at 1/250 so I leave the lever on aperture and change that frequently. When shooting wide I tend to first change the shutter so I leave the lever on shutter speed.The best way of course is for you to find different housings and see the controls for yourself.

    Edited by diverrex
  4. Great, thank you guys, I have been on the hunt on Vancouver Island for one to check out but so far have only seen an ikelite housing. None of the camera stores/dive centers keep them in stock as they are so expensive.

     

    Stewart, do you have a store or are you strictly on-line?

  5. Sent you a PM.

  6. I have the 600D housing from Nauticam, and it's very nice. I'm stepping up to the 5DMkIII so will probably put the 600D up for sale soon.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.