Hi folks,
Having recently returned from a trip to Philippines where i took my first underwater photos i have some questions.
I was using s100 and FIX housing, shooting in manual, using the built in flash and no lenses.
Please see pics http://morefromzhongguo.weebly.com/underwater-photos.html
(feedback much appreciated)
I had alot of fun and learnt alot!
The biggest problem i had was getting the S100 to focus and the obvious limitations of the flash and lens.
I am starting to think about the next items i would like to add and i am seeking advice.
I am going to continue my underwater education by shooting macro. Please could people offer suggestions for a close up lens to fit my 52mm or 67mm port. Budget options ideally.
Please tell me if this a daft idea but i would like to mount a S2000 strobe and focus light (dive torch) onto the housing via the cold shoe mount. This will keep things small and allow for single handed operation.
Any advice regarding the items required would be greatly appreciated.
PS - Malapascua was fantastic, a really quirky beautiful island where the dive business and the locals worked in harmony. We used Thresher Shark Divers and they were excellent. Employing local DMs, boat crew, hospitatlity staff etc. A fantastic week and a real priviledge to see the Thresher sharks.
Many thanks
Kieran