Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic LX-7 photos

Started by kc_moses ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic LX-7 photos

4 posts
  1. Don't know who shot it, but I stumble across it:

     

     

    I looked at the original size photos, it's very impressive and can't see much noise. I do hope there is some info about the wet diopter used. I'm getting ready to buy the Subsee sets and hope that's the right choice!

  2. Nauticam uses subsee

    However the lx7 has such a small capture area that you really don't need a +10

    I have bought an Olympus for my lx7 not a lot of magnification but incredible optical quality

  3. Hmm.... which Olympus you're referring to? You have some photos sample? I'm really new to diopter, so you're saying the larger the magnification, the more depth of field you will get so only a small area in the center will be focus? For pygmy seahorse size creature, +5 is enought?

  4. Hmm.... which Olympus you're referring to? You have some photos sample? I'm really new to diopter, so you're saying the larger the magnification, the more depth of field you will get so only a small area in the center will be focus? For pygmy seahorse size creature, +5 is enought?

    I am saying you need to know how big is the capture are before you determine the magnification you need

    Compact cameras are not DSLR so you have to work out what you need before you buy

    I compared the lx7 with the s95 and rx100 i think you don't need more than +4 for Pygmy

    +10 not needed at all unless you want to shoot the eye of the seahorse

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.