Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Silicone grease for Seatool Housing

Started by Aqua_soul ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Silicone grease for Seatool Housing

8 posts
  1. Hi

     

    Can anybody advice me on what silicone grease can be used with the Seatool housings. I have a opaque main o-ring and a black o-ring at the front behind the port.

     

    Thank you

    Geo

     

    P.S. I obviously looking for a silicone other than their branded product as I think its ridiculously priced.

  2. I have only one lubricant for all my diving equipment + housings: christo-lube 111 or Tribolube 71. For static orings on the housing christo-lube 128 is even better.

     

    Pete

  3. Thanks scuba_d

    What is static o-rings?

  4. A static o-ring is an o-ring which seals between two motionless surfaces, like your main housing o-ring. All of the o-rings in an underwater housing can be lubed as static o-rings.

     

    Pete

  5. I also use Tribolube 71 for all my housing o-rings regardless of type of material. I use it on black, blue, yellow and red o-rings. It does not make the silicone ones swell.

     

    Elmer

  6. Thank you Pete and Elmer.

  7. Hi Pete

     

    Just would like to double check, is it 128 or 129 for the Christo-lube.

    I am not finding info on 128.

     

    Thanks

    Geo

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.