Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seatool Port for use with Nikkor 105mm Vr

Started by Aqua_soul ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Seatool Port for use with Nikkor 105mm Vr

2 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I was hoping to build up a flat port for the above lens using a port base, extension rings and front end.

    However, tonight I test a port like this owned by a friend who shoots Canon...I strongly doubt that the port base for the Nikon and Canon housings would differ, but just in case I included that detail.

     

    Anyway what I learned was that the port base steps in, on the inside which makes it not possible for the lens to past through.

     

    Is the dedicated port my only solution or is there another option?

     

    Thanks

    Geo

  2. I had a similer problem with the Sigma 150mm in the compound Seatool port. I solved it by removing the switch asembly on the lens and covering the opening with scotch tape. Since I have the dedicated port i have not tried it with my Nikon 105.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.