Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic 14mm Pancake and DMW-GFC1/GWC1 Conversion Lens

Started by jwmm2 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic 14mm Pancake and DMW-GFC1/GWC1 Conversion Lens

4 posts
  1. I am trying to put together a nauticam setup for my Panasonic GX1. At the moment I am can only really afford to go all out for one really nice lens and as I am mainly a macro guy it's going to be the Pany 45mm. But I was thinking if i wanted to have a nice cheap WA option why not the 14mm pancake plus the DMW-GFC1 fisheye conversion lens? All rapped up nicely in the 3.5" semi dome. Does anybody have any experience with this setup or any thoughts on why this might just be be a terrible idea?

     

    Cheers

     

    Joe

  2. Interesting concept, it seems like this community is too small for all interesting questions. Seems to be all OM-D and D800 here.

     

    However, did you check with Nauticam directly they should have tested if it is at all possible.

     

    /O

  3. No I haven't, although that is a good idea. Actually I've just checked their smugmug page and they have a few shots taken with OM-D and the PZ 14-42mm lens and the GFC1 conversion lens - all the pics look perfectly acceptable. I'll drop them an email to see what they thought of it and what port they used. I'll let you know what I find out.

     

    Joe

  4. hello,

    i was about to start a new thread with exactly the same question as you asked over a year ago. i thought perhaps i would start by asking how you have made out with the 14mm pancake and the fisheye conversion lens.

    i have a f.i.t. 4.33" dome, and the dedicated 12-50 port, and while looking for a panasonic 8mm f/e, stumbled upon these little conversion lenses. are they a viable option underwater?

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.