Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe Photoshop Elements and RAW(and a rant)

Started by JohnJohnsonIII ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe Photoshop Elements and RAW(and a rant)

7 posts
  1. Adobe Photoshop Elements and RAW(and a rant)

    I have Adobe Photoshop CS on my system at work cannot install on my laptop(don't ask). I think Adobe PS Elements has what I need, but cannot tell from all the literature and all the searching I have done whether it handles RAW format. Anybody have the answer to that? I have the Olympus Camedia software, but

     

    <MOUNT SOAPBOX>

    Olympus's approach to providing software to handle their hardware is the most half-assed, chintzy approach I have ever seen. After buying their camera, their UW case, their lenses, and all their accessories, I don't want to be nickel-and-dimed by their D@MN software to upgrade to features that should be standard! I want to batch-process RAW files(convert to JPG), but can't. I have to individually select them, which is a HUGE pain. There is a batch command, but it seems it is only available in the Pro version. For crying out loud, charge me $40 more for the hardware and put the d@mn software I need in the box!! I have three generations of Oly cameras and accessories, but Oly is close to losing a customer here.

    </DISMOUNT SOAPBOX>

     

    Thanks!

     

    --John

  2. I won't ask but you must know that the raw converter with CS is the cat's meow. I demoed it to a friend who is an excellent film photog but still in the scanning stage. He couldn't believe how great it is. Said he finally understood while so many people have switched to a dSLR.

  3. I know about the raw converter in CS and use it whenever I am at work. But there is an activation process and I can't cough up $550 for CS at home and laptop, so I was hoping Elements had the raw converter feature as well...that is my question here, really...

  4. Hi John

     

    Photoshop elements did have a RAW converter that was available for download ( I think it was $99 if I remember correctly) It was the same plugin that you used for Photoshop 7.0.1. I did use it for a while and it worked fine. Interestingly, it seems to have disappeared from the Adobe download site - I guess they want you to buy CS!

     

    I am sure it must still be available somewhere...

     

    Good luck, Andre

  5. I remember. I realized they took the download off their website, so I wondered if there was a RAW converter available within Elements that would make this obsolete...anyone in the know?

     

    --John

  6. Sweet! Thanks Herb! BTW, my Z220 arrives tomorrow...thanks for all your help!

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.