Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea and Sea D300 housing button

Started by mintakax ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea and Sea D300 housing button

6 posts
  1. After 3 years and tens of dives, the preview and garbage can buttons on my S&S Nikon D300 housing seem to be a mm or so too short to activate the camera buttons. I've worked around this by placing a small piece of multilayer electrical tape over the buttons on the camera. I cant figure out why this has happened or if there is a better fix. The little plastic nubbins on the end of the shafts seem fine.

     

    Any ideas ?

     

    Thanks !

  2. I have the same issue. Not so sure its wear (will have a look this evening). However I found that after attaching the camera if I give it a little tweek in a anti-clockwise direction it resolves the issue.

  3. I was having the same issue with my MDX-D300 housing and was referred to Pacific Housing Repair.

    They are an authorized S&S service center and were very helpful.

     

    http://pacifichousingrepair.com/

     

  4. Is it possible that there is something preventing the return spring on the control from compressing fully when you use it (sand, muck), which would prevent the shaft from reaching the camera button.

  5. Mine has done that several times. I leave the tray on the camera a lot and have bent it from bumping around in my camera bag. It also bent enough that the focus are gear didn't line up. It's fairly soft and I cranked it straight by hand.

  6. Hi,

    I've the same problem with my MDX D300 but only in use with Sigma 8-16. I've noticed that the tolerance of the rear buttons; especially view and trash, is very very little.

    In opposite the Sea&Sea plastic rail camera - housing lock system present a wide tolerance. So we must be very carefully mounting the camera in the housing.

    It's frustranting but I suggest to do a lot of locking tests before jump in the water

     

    by

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.