Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Public Display Rates

Started by SimonSpear ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Public Display Rates

7 posts
  1. Does anyone have a link to per second rates for public display? Looking at a couple of minutes of footage for a 3-4 year exhibition display on giant screens.

     

    More/less than broadcast? More/less than web use? More/less than DVD use? There is an element of public conservation education involved so I'm happy to go in a little lower than usual, but for once I literally have no idea what to quote!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  2. Have you asked what their budget is? My first rule of negotiation is to ask the other party to name a price first...it might be higher than you were thinking of...

  3. Hi Simon

     

    Yes I agree 100% that it is always worth asking what is in the budget and I'm already awaiting a response on that. I'm really just trying to get an idea on what this type of use is normally worth as I guess it is fairly rare use for Rights Managed footage.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. I've had some feedback elsewhere which suggests that 50% of broadcast rates is a good starting point for Public Display/Trade Shows/Exhibitions. Anyone agree/disagree with that?

     

    Cheers, Simon

  5. Hi Simon, try contacting Ocean Footage. I've sold stuff through them before for applications such as this. They would know the going rate for this type of thing.

     

    Richard

  6. Go to Ocean Footage, preview some similar footage and select a use category that's close to yours and you can see what they would charge.

     

    Pat

  7. Yes I did look at a couple of stock agencies for RM Public Performance rates, but they are generally per clip and not per second.

     

    I think we've come to an agreement now and I'm happy so thanks for the input! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.