Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Great white shark bump video

Started by ehanauer ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Great white shark bump video

12 posts
  1. I've posted a one minute video of a great white shark bumping me in the cage at Guadalupe Island last year. Thanks to Erick Higuera for the series of stills.

     

    Here's the link: https://vimeo.com/59081195

  2. damn! that would wake you up :) such beautiful blue water!

  3. Looks like the wrangler made a mistake in judging the angle of charge of the shark. I wish they'd train wranglers better if they are going to do this sort of dives.

  4. The wrangler was really good and experienced. This is the ocean, not Disneyland. Sharks are wild animals that aren't always predictable.

  5. Just love that clear blue water in Guadalupe. I've had that happen at Gainsbaai, but the vis was so bad that I doubt the shark even knew that the cage was there! :D

     

    Cheers, Simon

  6. Site lists "video deleted"!

  7. Had the same thing in Gansbaii Simon. Guadalupe really hadn't been 'discovered' then but have been there 3 times now. Unfortunately, what had been unique footage of GWs is now pretty common place. Now I want to film the golden blind catfish, said to be the most rare marine species in the world. However, it is in some lake in Africa about 300 ft down.

    Steve

     

    ps. Also need to get my first blu ring which I hope to get in Anilao in a couple of weeks. Many trips but no blu rings....yet.

    Edited by Steve Douglas
  8. Look forward to hearing about Anilao Steve. Some people are adamant that it is comparable or even better than Lembeh.... !

     

    What camera are you shooting with now?

     

    Cheers, Simon

  9. Deleted

  10. I was asked to delete the video.

     

    Here's another I just posted on humpback whales.

     

    https://vimeo.com/59432953

  11. really? who asked you to delete it? Vimeo? Did they say why?

  12. Not Vimeo. PM me and I'll explain.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.