Hi All!
Still looking for at better solution than my Fuji W3 in a homebuild housing, I would like to know if some one here at wetpixel have any experience or comments on the Panasonic HDC-Z10000.
Compared to the the usual trade in camcorders, 3D-systems seems to be very few with less you want to mess with dual rigs, genlocking, mirrors, etc… and when it comes to underwateruse with needs of wide or extreme wideangle lenses, the possible choices become even fever!
With my discover of this http://www.cyclopital3d.com/PANASONIC-3D-ADAPTERS.html (Wide and extreme wide angle adapter is found in the middle of the site) from cyclopital3D, I think the HDC-Z10000 could be an interesting choice for underwateruse. Plenty of websites and Panasonic themselves rate this camcorder as ”Professional” but how good is this camcorder when it comes to reallity and compared to other professional camcorders?
Personally I like:
Dual sensors/lenses (No genlocking, no mirrors, only one camcorder, etc…)
Manual WB
Manual convergence
Image stabilizing
External monitor is possible
Focus in only 45cm (Macro)
My concerns:
How good Is the dynamic range compared to other truely professional camcorders?
Is video developing so fast (Looks like 4K is just around the corner?) that the price of the Panasonic HDC-Z10000 will come down remarkable in a short time?
Lack of any possibility that I will miss underwater?
Any help or discussing on the subject will be highly appreciated before I throw myself and my money into another project! :-)
Thank you very much in advance from Kim Meineche