Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Quick, distant subjects-What camera to use???

Started by hairyfish ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Quick, distant subjects-What camera to use???

3 posts
  1. I am looking to buy a new camera/housing and am in need of a smaller camera with quick shooting capabilities for fast moving, distant fish. What would be your recommendation??? I have done my share of reading and am looking for personal input on a users favorite rig.

     

    Thank you.

  2. The Nikon AF-105-Vr excells at this. I have successfully chased quick moving fish from 3-5'. I tried a Sigma 150 but it is slow focus. I would pick a cropped sensor Nikon dSLR camera. This approach is not small but you consider smaller choices against the performance of this rig.

  3. What do you mean with distant? like 2 meters or more like 10 meters? because that would be a whole new story..

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.