Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Timelapse thunderstorms at Misool Eco Resort

Started by echeng ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Timelapse thunderstorms at Misool Eco Resort

5 posts
  1. I'm finally getting around to posting this. During the 2010 Wetpixel Ultimate Indonesia expedition, we spent 12 days at Misool Eco Resort. Each evening, thunderstorms would rage off in the distance as the sun went down. Don Kehoe and I would sit out on the deck every night with cameras on tripods, taking timelapse frames. It was really incredible.

     

    Cameras have gotten a lot better since then. With a 7D and 1Ds Mark II, it was actually quite difficult to get clean individual frames. I haven't done much cleanup, here—I need to go through and get rid of the stuck pixels.

     

    https://vimeo.com/60064915

  2. That is some nice time lapse work. What exposure times were you working with?

     

    This is inspiring me to do some fun timelapse as my only timelapse projects have been of power plant construction for work.

  3. A nice subject to compose a TL from. Fortunate indeed that the storms stayed away and didn't dump on you!

    Edited by RWBrooks
  4. Exposure times were quite long. Some were ... 8-30 seconds per frame?

  5. https://vimeo.com/60126161

    Didn't get rained on, doesn't even have any ocean in the picture, but this is what I did the other night.

    D200, 50mm @1.8 13sec shutter, 20 sec interval. ISO 400

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.