Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Portable Storage Device

Started by Scubajack ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Portable Storage Device

9 posts
  1. Portable Storage Device

    I am planning a 3 week vacation vacation to Spain and Hawaii (yes, I know they are not in the same direction) in about 2 weeks and would prefer not to have to travel with my laptop. Picture corrections & adjustments will be done when I return. As such I am looking to purchase a portable storage device and need some suggestions/help.

     

    I currently shoot with a Canon 10D...what does everyone think the best option for its price is? I need to purchase it in the next few days, so repies/direction are much appreciated.

     

    Thanks

  2. I recently read a review of such devices in a UK digicam mag. The winning item wsa an Apacer Disc Steno CP200. UK price was £299 but you'll be able to get it much cheaper than that in the US.

     

    Here's the website: http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english/produ...stone_cp200.asp

     

    It looks neat. mmm... I might get one of these myself.

  3. See my review of the Image Tank G2 in the Reviews section of this site.

     

    You can buy them from www.insidecomputers.com (I think that's it, do a search).

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. We use the Gmini 220 (20Gb), minimal form factor, good performance.

     

    Michel Gilbert

  5. thanks for the help so far.

    james, I read your review and others have told me about the Tank G2 as well. I have found a 160.0GB hard drive on sale at CompUSA for only $59.99...will the tank accept such a large hard drive? I can't find an answer to that on any web pages...

    if anyone knows, please let me know asap. CompUSA's sale is a 6 hour sale only (what a racket!)

    Thanks again

  6. No, you need to get one of the smaller notebook drives. I believe they are 2.5"

     

    You can get a 40gig drive for less that $100 I believe, if you shop around.

     

    Cheers

    James

  7. thanks james....

    i've been able to find an image tank 2 60 gig drive for a good price (it's actually cheaper than putting it together myself!) and am wondering 2 things

    1) does anyone prefer a system such as the Apacer Disc Steno CP200 instead of the Image Tank 2. If so, why? I don't think I like the cd writing style...

    2) does anyone know where to find the image tank 2 60 gig drive for less than $310?

     

    thanks again for all of the help!

  8. I appreciate everyone's help/suggestions. I wound up purchasing the SmartDisk 40GB FlashTrax. For my purposes, having an LCD screen to review my pictures after downloading them to a storage device was worth the extra money.

     

    Thanks again

  9. Let us know how you get on with it.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.