Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Why is photoshop opening when I export from LR

Started by DiverPam ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Why is photoshop opening when I export from LR

6 posts
  1. In the last few days, every time I go to export photos from Lightroom, photoshop also opens with the photo(s) chosen. Any ideas? I am sure it is something easy, but I cannot seem to find why it is doing this. I have looked through the export screen and do not find anything on this. Has not done this before the last week.

     

    Thanks - Pam

  2. Has a setting been inadvertently changed down at the bottom of the Export window in Post Processing?

     

    Go to File>Export(or Control+Shift+E) scroll to bottom to check.

     

    I don't have PS on my PC with Lightroom so not sure if there is perhaps a default to open file in that app when finished export?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  3. Has a setting been inadvertently changed down at the bottom of the Export window in Post Processing?

     

    Go to File>Export(or Control+Shift+E) scroll to bottom to check.

     

    I don't have PS on my PC with Lightroom so not sure if there is perhaps a default to open file in that app when finished export?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

    Jim - Thanks. Finally found it. Yes...there is a post export button I had not seen before at the very bottom of the export screen. I guess I had managed to change it and not know it. It had been changed to open in photoshop post export - changed it to do nothing now. Much better.

     

    Happy diving - Pam

  4. New laptop? How's it working out? ;)

  5. Wonderful so far. I have loaded LR and been playing with it some the last couple of days. Exported a few photos in to see how it does. Fast and easy to use. My only complaint so far is the touchpad. VERY sensitive. Love the size. Glad I went with the 11.6" for travel. :)

     

    Thanks for asking - Pam

  6. I hate touch pads.you should try a tablet. I got the Wacom Bambo first to try it and I liked it and now use it with my laptop. Them I git the more expensive Wacom Intuis formy desktop

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.