Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mantas Last Dance

Started by Michel Braunstein ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Mantas Last Dance

7 posts
  1. This beautiful clip has been directed by Shawn Heinrichs and is featuring model and free-diver Hannah Fraser.
    She's dancing at night with a few mantas on a splendid music. The clip's "making of" is also great to see.
    It's a good occasion to sign the so important Manta Rays Slaughtering petition for those who didn't do it yet, but first of all, see this fantastic short movie.

    Edited by Drew
  2. The video is linkable Michael. Here it is :) :

     

    Edited by Drew
  3. Nice grading. Kudos to the team. I could imagine the difficulty of this kind of shoot in the ocean. Really enjoy watching the video. I am sure this video will ruffle a few feathers as I keep hearing "what this has to do with conservation?" I like it for just what it is.....

     

     

    Cheers

    David

  4. This may be a silly question but ill ask anyway. Are the mantas and the model separate footage merged in post?

  5. Ronyx, the model was in the water with the Mantas. Not done in post.

  6. Wow!! That is incredible! That was my inital thought but then I figured the execution would be virtually impossible. Congratulations indeed!

  7. Ronyx, if you have been to Hawaii and done the Manta night dive it is well worth it. Super fun, normally you can do an afternoon dive at the site too and they often get Spinner dolphins coming through. Shawn did a great job on this, looks awesome

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.