Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Zen Dome

Started by mdex73 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Zen Dome

2 posts
  1. I have a Nauticam D800. I am currently using a 200mm dome port for my 16-35lens. I got the 200mm port for dirt cheap , so I had to buy it. The question is, will the 230mm port give me dramatically better images/corners, or is it a slight improvement?

  2. I think you will find that the 200mm dome will give you pretty bad corners. A 230mm will give better ones!

     

    Rectilinear wide-angles on full frame are going to be an issue for any dome. Personally, I wouldn't use a 16-35mm on a 200mm, as it does not give acceptable results (to me).

     

    Extension length is important too. The 16-35 needs quite a long extension. I believe that I use a 70mm one. I would suggest getting some guidance on the correct extension with your port.

     

    An alternative perhaps would be to get a Sigma 15mm, which will work well with your dome.

     

    Adam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.