Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17 dome port comparison

Started by rumblefish ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17 dome port comparison

1 posts
  1. Hi all,

    I made some unscientific test shots in the pool the other day, to see how the Tokina 10-17 FE performs on a 24 mp full frame camera behind two different dome ports.

    Camera: Nikon D600, Tokina on 15mm, ISO 6400 (ambient light), Aperture priority. Focus point was at the center. I ran the raw files through Lightroom to adjust white balance and lighting. No cropping, sharpening or noise reduction were applied. I sharpened for screen upon exporting to jpegs.

     

    First three shots using the Tokina 10-17FE behind Subal 4" minidome (DP-54 B)

    Last three shots same lens behind Subal 6" dome (DP-SW B). No extension rings.

     

    I guess f11 is the limit. At 15mm behind the 6" port the dome shade is visible in the corners (slight vignetting), limiting it's use to the long end.

    Best regards,

    --Rob

    post-7565-0-30215700-1363433091_thumb.jpg

    post-7565-0-40877400-1363433112_thumb.jpg

    post-7565-0-76112900-1363433137_thumb.jpg

    post-7565-0-24002200-1363433162_thumb.jpg

    post-7565-0-15954100-1363433179_thumb.jpg

    post-7565-0-96113700-1363433192_thumb.jpg

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.