The body responsible for responsible environmental practices in the Egyptian Red Sea, HEPCA, has just launched a "name and shame" section on their website.
Their first target is a company that is offering sport fishing for sharks out of Hurghada.
The company is called Egyptra Travel Services and the page offering shark fishing safaris is here:
Please feel free to drop them a line and ask them to stop! Their email is info@egyptra.com
As far as I know, shark fishing in the Egyptian Red Sea is actually illegal, so I don't think they will last long officially.
Adam
Adam
I sent them a message saying we had 35,000 readers who wanted to know about the legality of shark fishing in Egyptian waters and they wrote back asking when my 35 customers wanted to go fishing!
How's the ad. What do you get for the six grand. Nice photo of Putin, how's his form. You can see the sort of clients they are going for.
I mailed them and got this as a reply:
Dear Mr Adam
Greeting
Firstly i would like to say thanks for your Email to Us About The Shark Fishing in hurghada .
Also we are apologize about this mistake and we are modified the title of tour to be " shark watching If We lucky "
Thanks A lot for caring about the red sea environmental .