Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D7000 at ISO 800 vs 1250

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

D7000 at ISO 800 vs 1250

3 posts
  1. I was talking with someone with more knowledge than me regarding cameras recently. He indicated that ISO 800 was not a good setting for the D7000 and recommended 1250 instead. My testing at home indicated 800 had less noise than 1250 so I find it a bit confusing. Anyone shed a bit of light on this topic for me?

     

  2. I think your someone is on crack.....

  3. I'm certainly not 'More Knowledgeable' but I've always assumed the higher the ISO the more the Digital Noise. Perhaps that

    someone had a particular situation in mind like fast moving or fidgety subject and was assuming higher ISO would be of net

    benefit???

     

    When I use my D7000 topside I resist pushing the ISO beyond 800 will occasionally go up to 1600 but usually when bathed in

    light trying to catch a bird in flight or some such.

     

    THIS shot of a Robin was taken at 1600 backlit in the late afternoon with some flash fill. The higher ISO doubtless helped me

    get the shot but the noise is there for all to see. Settings- 1/400,ƒ/6.3, 500 mm

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.