Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Simplify your life!

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Simplify your life!

5 posts
  1. Over the years I have collected more photography gear for use underwater than any man would ever need. Recently I have been selling off all the kit I really no longer need. Apart from the film stuff that I actually gave away, I sold all that perfectly good equipment that I was no longer using. I am now down to one housing, a set of ports, two camera bodies and two lenses (for underwater use). I kept a range of lenses for surface and studio use. I recommend it. The feeling that comes with simplification is wonderful.

  2. For a number of years I have been refining and reducing my kit to 'essential kit' only system. For underwater use I have one housing three ports and a set of extenders plus 2 cameras and 4 fixed focal lenses (I have specific requirements so 2 are simply not sufficient) plus an additional 2 dSLR lenses for above water use too (50 and 65MPE). I also have a rangefinder + 4 fixed focals - for lightness when walking in the hills. This is, I think, quite sufficient. [i also own 1 film camera - a very battered 1970 Leica M4 with a 21mm Super-Angulon lens from 1963 which though rarely used won't be parted with easily].

  3. 2 dSLR lenses for above water use too (50 and 65MPE).

     

    I recommend you NOT to bring the 65MPE underwater, it's a lot of trouble...

     

     

    ok, ok, but as well a lot of fun :D don't expect a high %age of succes.

  4. The feeling that comes with simplification is wonderful.

     

    We'll make an amateur of you yet (although the definition of an amateur might be someone who spends more time thinking about diving than actually shooting underwater)!

  5. ... the definition of an amateur might be someone who spends more time thinking about diving than actually shooting underwater...

    Yay, I've finally made it from complete ignoramus up to amateur!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.