Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How do you store the Stix arm floats?

Started by kannjihyun ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

How do you store the Stix arm floats?

8 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I've never used arm floats before and just ordered a few. These floats seem like a harden incompressible form, but they also seem to be able to loss shape after many uses as well.

     

    I wonder how you guys treat these float arms after your trip? Do you leave them on your strobe arms? Or do you remove and dry them somewhere else?

  2. I have used Stix arms and floats for years. They don't compress. They dry quickly. I have no special procedure for them.

     

    Regards,

  3. I also don't do anything special. Mine haven't compressed either.

     

    Dustin

  4. So... There's no need to take them off the arms after use?

  5. Correct. No need to remove them.

     

    Steve

  6. I have them as well and they are still in exactly the same position as they were when I put them on the arms....Never noticed any shape change.

  7. Thanks for such great info guys. : )

  8. Same here with never removing them, though they do compress at depth (40+m) and do recover after a while, I have seen a slight changed permanently with a few dives down 50m range but nothing that concerns me.

     

    I would every once in a while just check that the balls are still secure and lubricate thread to prevent any corrosion.

    Edited by Matti
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.