Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Using the Canon 100mm f2.8L with Ikelite dome port rather than flat

Started by Alex Brown ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Using the Canon 100mm f2.8L with Ikelite dome port rather than flat

2 posts
  1. Hello everyone.

     

    Has anyone else shot with the Canon 100mm 2.8 L lens with the Ikelite 8" dome port rather than the recommended flat port? I have been using for a couple of months now while shooting in the Maldives and think I am starting to hit some limitations. I am shooting on a 7d and mostly use an adapted Marvels Cine Style picture profile with increased sharpness.

     

    I feel the picture is resulting in softer edges and not behind able to focus as close with the dome port. Could anyone using the flat port give me some feedback on their focusing distances and how sharp they are finding this lens underwater?

    I have a few pictures and vide on the following links:

     

    www.flickr.com/pictures/basementvision

    www.vimeo.com/basementvision

     

    Cheers, Alex.

     

    857762_477271862337015_850043410_o.jpg

  2. Hi Alex,

    I've never tried the 100mm with a dome so can't compare but using it with a flat port results in very sharp images. Check out some of Eunjae Im's work with the 7D for comparison.

     

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.