Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Aquaview viewfinder problem

Started by cneal ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Aquaview viewfinder problem

2 posts
  1. Assembling my housing after servicing I am having a problem with the optional viewfinder. When I install the viewfinder the image from the camera viewfinder is off to one side. Everything is fine with the standard housing viewfinder. When I examine the Aquaview viewfinder out of the housing it appears to show a view about 10 degrees off to the side.

     

    Anyone have an idea what could cause this?

  2. Jean from Aquatica responded directly to me. The viewfinder has to go back for service as it seems it did not come through the last return air trip unscathed.

     

    Simply as my observation the viewfinder has multiple elements and a prism. I should think of it as a lens more than a viewfinder. It should be in my camera bag instead of in the housing roller bag with the vibration and impacts. Maybe that's why Aquatica sells a padded otter box for the viewfinder.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.