I am trying to hook up a Sea & Sea YS90 Duo to my D600 using an electrical sync cord through a Nikonos 5 pin connector to the hotshoe of the camera (in Nauticam housing).
Can't get the strobe to fire. Anything I'm missing here: camera / strobe settings? Too many pins connected?
I will greatly appreciate your recommendations.
--Rob
Please make the following test in this order: Does the strobe fire with another camera and does the camera fire another strobe? Strobe fires= Strobe and cables ok, camera settings ok! Does the strobe fire shortening the right 2 pins on your strobe. Google how to do that before you try it! Strobe fires = Strobe ok! Does the strobe fire shortening the right pins on your strobe cable connecting the Nikonos bulkhead to the strobe. Strobe fires = Strobe and cables ok! Does the strobe fire shortening the right pins on the hot shoe connector inside the housing. (Ask Nauticam before and how you do that) Strobe fires = Strobe and cables and hot shoe ok!
Strobe does not fire in one of those steps you tacked down where the problem is; strobe, cable or hot shoe housing
WARNING! Shortening the wrong pins will toast some electronics inside your strobe and/or your housing!
I bought in 2008 a brand new Ikelite DS-125 strobe and it did not work and after days of tests i found a schematic how to shorten the pins to see if the strobe is working. Unfortunately the strobe was not working and i had to send it back to Ikelite to change the strobe bulb.
Chris
P.S. as far as i know there is no setting on the D600 disabling a external strobe triggered by the hot shoe.
Thank you Chris.
I think the NikV connector is trying to give me ttl which I don't use with this strobe. All I need connected are the pins that tell the strobe to fire.
In my Subal housing I had a small circuit board and the strobes were connected through a 3-pin connector, not 5. There is nothing of the sort in the Nauticam housing, so how do I use the Nauticam electronic strobe connector with manually operated strobes? Instruction manual does not instruct on this matter.
Best regards,
--Rob
Slave switch is off?
if you are sure that the strobe nd the cable is working, you should contact your dealer or Nauticam directly.
You may try to contact Alex_Tattersall fom Nauticam UK here in this forum, i am sure he will and can help you.
Chris
It works. Contacts are flimsy, gave it a good squeeze an now it's fine. Not a very well built product.
--Rob
Glad to hear that it work now!
Curious what is the "not very well built product" ???
Chris
I mean the Nauticam / Nikonos 5 pin bulkhead. The housing is great!