I have my new panasonic GH3 and wait for my Nauticam housing to arrive. I intend to make photos and videos. For the light I bought 2 Keldan 4.
Now i look for lenses: on the one side I like the Panasonic 7-14 but therefore I need the big Nauticam semi Dome with 6 inch- and I don't know if this is not to big.
On the otherside the Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm looks very nice and can be used with the Nauticam 4.33 dome.
What do you think?
Regards, Sascha
This all depends on what you are going to photograph. And budget.
I opted for both the 8 mm fisheye (mostly for photos, I don't like fisheye for video much) , 7-14 mm for wide angle video, the Olympus 12 mm (since it can be used in the same 4,33" dome as the 8 mm fisheye) and the 12-35 mm which is included in the GH3 A-kit (fits in the same 6" dome as the 7-14mm).
If one lens is your budget and video is a big part of your shooting, then IMO the 8 mm fisheye is not the best option.
The GH3A kit with the 12-35 would be a pretty good solution both for under and surface shooting. One lens wich allow a ok wide angle (84 degrees) and a future upgrade path to the 7-14 mm in the same 6" dome. For wreck and large stuff video the 7-14 really is the prefered option.