Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

RX100, OMD-EM5 Raja Ampat Picks

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 19Posts
  • 19Replies

Read-only discussion

RX100, OMD-EM5 Raja Ampat Picks

19 posts
  1. A few more shots from Raja, we were on the Arenui very nice boat. Trip review in a few weeks. Comments and critiques very welcome.

     

    Rest of the gallery at: http://www.aquabluedreams.com/staticpages/pid/G/89

     

     

    RX100, Inon H100&Dome

    ">http://8558003774_0eee0f7184_b.jpg

    EM5-8mm Lumix

    ">http://8606760219_cc866b34bf_b.jpg

    RX100, Subsee +10 no crop

    ">8606760469_35831f3934_b.jpg

    EM5-8mm

    ">http://8607864588_84b187389b_b.jpg

    RX100

    ">http://8607860638_86e9a2c9dc_b.jpg

    EM5 8mm

    ">8606760297_2dbe1f7095_b.jpg

     

     

    EM5-8mm

    ">8606756017_0906ddc385_b.jpg

    EM5-Oly 60mm

    ">http://8606756961_c34f9c34a4_b.jpg

  2. Those are some really nice shots.

     

    Please emphasize the negatives on the Arenui (like the lack of a camera room). It's getting way too difficult to book a spot on their boat. ;)

  3. Lots of crackers, I love the sweetlips shot

  4. Thanks, it was a great spot for sweetlips. Have to say the Arenui does have the best service and food we have had on any liveaboard, no offense to some of the other excellent boats we have been on. On our trip there were not many packing cameras so not an issue. But if you had a 8-9 DSLR/Video rigs things would be tight.

     

    A few more

    ">http://8607864274_6a74ec4a14_b.jpg

    ">http://8606756339_c7a647f1ff_b.jpg

    ">8606760229_16935ab8da_b.jpg

    Don't know why but I like this one

    ">8607860860_017f8ff43a_b.jpg

  5. Nice shots.

    The 1st Sweetlips is really really nice!, excellent Composition!

     

    /Erik

  6. RE: Don't know why but I like this one

     

    Me too, I find it both calming and surreal.

     

    Gary.

  7. We're going to Raja Ampat in November , your pictures make me more impatient :) Congratulations !!

  8. Nice colection of images, Was the under jetty shots at arborek? What month were you there.

  9. Thank you, we were there this December. Yes the jetty shots were at Arborek, only thing missing were people sitting on the pier;)

  10. I was there in early January just after you then! Saw some divers from the Arenui come by Arborek for an evening dive. We were on the Siren ..but they had only scheduled in a night dive at the jetty. Yes photos of the beautiful kids underneath would have been perfect. Water looks real clear in the day!

  11. I love the first and last shots

  12. Very nice.

  13. Great set of images : at the same time you were posting your pics, I was diving Dampier strait from a Mansuar based resort.

    This was my first time in Raja Ampat, I missed the Arborek jetty which looks amazing photowise looking at your images 2 and 7.

    The Otdima sweetlip bommie ( image 4) is also one Dampier's strait trademark, your take is really good, I dived Otdima with no current, lots of particles, and the glassfish that just didn't want to leave a window for the sweetlips... but in in the end, it gives such a prolific feeling.

    I was a little disappointed wit the Passage though, probably because I expected Misool's blue water mangroves.

  14. The Arenui 14 day trip is just about perfect, you hit all the major spots. On our last trip we missed the Pier and Sweetlip Rock. I was so happy I had the OMD and Lumix 8mm. But as mentioned I just think it is the best all around diving in the world. We ended with Giant Mantas, a first for us!

     

    ">http://8606760179_c2fd3ac612_b.jpg

    ">http://8606756087_1ee49f3aeb_b.jpg

    ">http://8607860182_7017aec285_b.jpg

    ">http://8606756989_f364c56103_b.jpg

    My wife named this Giant Manta Frosty, she stayed and played the whole dive.

    ">8607864612_7cb4d378a5_b.jpg

    Edited by NWDiver
  15. Nice; my favorite is the 5th image of the first series

  16. Great pics

    We dived Raja Ampat in January

    Based on Kri Eco resort

    A different view of Arborek pier attached with some land views of the resort and Fam islands

    d

     

     

    post-31702-0-29819700-1368297829_thumb.jpg

    post-31702-0-67724400-1368297856_thumb.jpg

    post-31702-0-31182200-1368298463_thumb.jpg

    post-31702-0-46850600-1368298502_thumb.jpg

  17. Nice shots, like the panoramas. Would like to try a resort, have you ever done a liveaboard in the same area? How do the compare?

     

    ">8607864352_80fb8c1d70_b.jpg

    ">8558003774_0eee0f7184_b.jpg

    ">8606756723_117b48729b_b.jpg

  18. I may have to sell my camera. That's all I have to say. :-)

  19. Is there anywhere to stay around the pier?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.