Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

First underwater fashion shoot

Started by PhotographingBlind ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

First underwater fashion shoot

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have a new project in my hands.

    Friends of mine have asked me if I could make underwater pictures for their wedding cards.

    I would like to do that, but how do you start...

     

    I have been thinking of a black uw backgrounddrop with weights.

    Can it done without ?

     

    I also would ask to dim the lights above the pool; Only the lights in the pool would be on.

     

    I have only 2 ys-D1 underwtaer strobes and one speedlight nikon SB900.

     

    Do you need above lightning ?

    If you take pictures in open water fashion shoot, then you only have your two strobes, why do you need more in the pool ?

     

    Thanx

  2. We did that for our Save the Date cards, but I had a friend use my rig and we just used ambient light. That may be a good place to start as you would have many more photos for the couple to choose from that would be successful.

     

    Here's a link with some sample photos: http://www.praisewedding.com/archives/1143

     

    ~Abi

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.