Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Strobe position

Started by rumblefish ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobe position

5 posts
  1. Hi all (Alex),

    I am intrigued by this remark that Alex Mustard made in the D600 / D800 field review: "I crossed my strobes back on themselves for this photo, to light this Polycera quadreilineata and keep the light on the kelp it was sitting on to a minimum."

    Can you please explain what this strobe position is?

    --Rob

  2. Could it be that he was pointing the Strobes inward instead of outward? Using the other edge of the Strobes?

    I assume that you would risk more Backscatter that way.

     

    /Erik

  3. I read it along the lines of what Kevin Lee (a master of macro lighting) talks about here and elaborates further at the bottom of this article.

  4. I guess that he pointed the strobes inwards, as in towards his port.

  5. I do this all the time on small stuff. Just remember to have strobe not pointing in to the lens. I use about centes strobe front, right behind far end of port. If u understand :rolleyes:

     

    Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

     

     

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.