Nice review. Wasn't really thinking still and video, but to me that's an added bonus.
Sony rx100 in either nauticam or ikelite housing. The best non interchangeable lens camera for video right now.
Sony rx100 in either nauticam or ikelite housing. The best non interchangeable lens camera for video right now.
Having tested one extensively I disagree the lx7 beats it
What about lights? I see you are using Sola's but is there a less expensive alternative? Would like to have a user serviceable battery too, like the Fix Lights.
As much cheaper alternative I would recommend this
They are $195 in Japan and sell at £149 including VAT here in UK however not sure who distributes them in US
I use the Epoque as focus light on the S95 it is very bright at 1000 lumens you can dim it to 500 and 100 lumens (the latter is useless) but does not convert to spot, requires a bracket to go on YS mount. With those lights you can get 2000 lumens for $420 once you factor the YS mounts, they are a bit cold at 7000 lumens but you can set the white balance to compensate
Do consider though that an LX7+Nauticam housing+ ultralight tray+two locline arms+two sola 1200+nauticam wet mate costs around the $3K you mentioned if you downgrade to Ikelite and two sola dive 800 you are at $2,200. Frankly I would spend the whole $3K for the better set up